Looking to speed up your weight loss, here are 7 simple tips that can will leave you 7 lb lighter in just two weeks.
- drink water, drink water, drink water! Water is one of the best weapons in your battle to lose the pounds. If you increase your water consumption two six to eight glasses per day it will help flush out toxins that are impeding losing the weight you want to lose. Water help speed up digestion as well as other metabolic processes in your body if your body is running more efficiently you will burn more calories each day.
- add soup to your menu. Cutting back on the food you’re eating is easier if you start your lunches and dinners off with a small cup of soup. Of course you should choose a broth-based soup and not a cream-based selection. Putting this warm liquid into your stomach before your meal will help prevent overeating and curb your temptation for a second helping
- goodbye sugar! Sugar is keeping us unhappy and out of shape. It’s not just candy and ice cream we need to be on the lookout for it’s also Breads and pastas. Besides limiting your sugary snacks to a once-in-a-while treat you can also include switching to brown rice and whole wheat bread to lower your overall sugar intake.
- lose the salts! Often the extra weight people carry is due to too much salt in their diet. Salt can be found in many of the foods we consider healthy, frozen lunches canned soups and condiments all have high salt content. During the next 2 weeks train yourself to look at the labels on the foods you eat and see how much sodium is in each before you eat them. Avoiding pre-packaged Foods is a great way to remove the salt from your diet.
- keep it moving! When trying to lose weight you must start exercising studies show that even walking a few times a week can help burn the extra calories that you want to burn. 30 + minutes a day is the best way to lose 7 lb in 2 weeks. If you can’t find 30 minutes try splitting it up into two 15-minute periods of exercise per day.
- fruits and vegetables. While fruits do contain sugar they have far fewer calories than your traditional sugary snacks. For a super jump start to your weight loss eat steamed vegetables at every meal. These vegetables have a slightly diuretic affect which will help you lose water weight and the nutrients they provide will help keep your body energized and making good choices.
- get sleep! When you’re sleep deprived your body makes more ghrelin which stimulates hunger and your leptin levels plummet signaling your brain to eat more food. With these two factors together it’s no wonder that sleep deprivation leads to overeating and extra pounds.
When trying to lose weight we all need help, but with these lifestyle tips you have everything you need to get started losing weight immediately.